Open Studios |
All Ages | Drop in | Friday – Sunday
October – December
Artist Ryan Adams deconstructs words and phrases into geometric patterns that display visual depth, shadows, and highlights. These phrases represent important aspects of Adams’s life, like the advice his mother often gave him as a youth to help him navigate a predominantly white community. His combined use of text and geometry urges viewers to consider their voices and visualize their words.
Inspired by Adams’s unification of text and geometry, use the materials supplied to form your own compositions, visualizing words and phrases important to you.
Following Maine CDC Day Program guidelines:
– All attendees and staff are to wear face masks inside the ArtLab
– Participants from out of state are required to quarantine for 14 days prior to attendance.
– Hand sanitizing stations will be available at heavily trafficked areas; encouraging hand
sanitization during transitions
– Maintain social distancing of at least 3’ with face covering and 6’ without
Additional CMCA guidelines:
– Hand sanitization will be required upon check-in at camp
– All tools and surfaces will be sanitized before session and throughout the program when necessary
– Sanitary wipes and cleaning supplies will be available for additional wiping if necessary
Applies to all visitors regardless of vaccine status