Saturday, April 3 | 2pm
Streaming on Facebook Live
April | Material Image
Join in a livestream ArtLab workshop led by Community Arts Educator Alexis Iammarino on Saturday, April 3rd , from 2 to 4pm on Facebook Live. This month we look to the multi-media practice of Biennial artist Ben DeHaan. Led by Alexis, participants are invited to make photographic collages, using line, shape and image transferring techniques to create multi-dimensional compositions.
Following the livestream, participants are invited to join a Zoom call at 3:40pm to share and discuss their work. Email Alexis at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
Prep at home in advance for the workshop
- Assorted papers, printed or photocopied photos of people or self portraits, magazine pages with people featured, and assorted string and/or ribbons. Carbon paper, Sun print or Nature Print papers.
- Scissors, ruler, glue, masking tape, pencils, pens, or other supplies you enjoy to create with!
Please note: ArtLab Supply Kits are available for pick up at CMCA for Saturday’s workshop during business hours on Wednesday 3/31 – Saturday 4/3
Tips for creating at home:
- Get inspired by exploring the CMCA 2020 Biennial through the virtual tour or visit our galleries in person.
- Clear an area for art making in a space where you and others have room to create; be sure to cover the area with newspaper, an old towel or tablecloth, or other protective covering.
- Gather a variety of photographic prints/ photocopies of old family photos, magazines and newspapers. That you will be ready to alter by cutting or drawing directly upon.
CMCA’s ArtLab for All Ages program is offered free to the community through the support of the Camden National Bank, Margaret E. Burnham Trust, Mattina R. Proctor Foundation, Milton & Sally Avery Arts Foundation, Morton Kelly Charitable Trust, Nellie Leaman Taft Foundation, The Onion Foundation, and individual donors.