March 2021 | Art Connects Us
In celebration of visual arts and empowering the next generation of contemporaries, we will be hosting two ongoing YAM projects.
Started in 1961 through The Art & Creative Materials Institute, Inc. (ACMI), Youth Art Month exists to:
- Recognize art education as a viable factor in the total education curricular that develops citizens of a global society.
- Recognize art is a necessity for the full development of better quality of life for all.
- Direct attention to the value of art education for divergent and critical thinking.
- Expand art programs in schools and stimulate new art programs.
- Encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations, and individuals everywhere.
- Provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
- Increase community, business and governmental support for art education.
- Increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative ventures.
- Reflect and demonstrate the goals of the National Art Education Association that work toward the improvement of art education at all levels.