Saturday, January 2 | 2 pm
Streaming on Facebook Live
FREE and open to all
January | Hybrid Style + Form
Join in a livestream ArtLab workshop led by Community Arts Educator Alexis Iammarino on Saturday, January 2nd.
This month, we take our creative lead from Biennial artists Baxter Koziol and Isabelle Maschal O’Donnell to connect the practice of painting with fiber arts and object making. Join us to create abstract and intuitive compositions in 2D and 3D form, using textile and craft techniques like sewing, quilt piecing, and fabric dyeing with household spices and teas.
Following the livestream, participants are invited to join a Zoom call at 3:40pm to share and discuss their work. Email Alexis at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
Prep at home in advance for the workshop
- Clean fabric scraps, assorted papers, tin foil, cotton balls, paper towels, tissue paper, used wrapping papers or brown paper bags.
- Scissors, sewing supplies, watercolors, food coloring or, natural dyeing materials like teas and spices such as turmeric, black or hibiscus teas. Assorted brushes, markers, pens, glues or other rubber stamping/crafting supplies you enjoy to create with!
Please note: ArtLab Supply Kits are available for pick up at CMCA for Saturday’s workshop during business hours* on Wednesday 12/30, Thursday 12/31 and Saturday 1/2
Tips for creating at home:
- Get inspired by exploring the CMCA 2020 Biennial through the virtual tour or visit our galleries in person.
- Clear an area for art making in your kitchen or a space where you and others have room to create; be sure to cover the area with newspaper, an old towel or tablecloth, or other protective covering.
- Optional: Explore creating your own natural dyes with items in your pantry! Learn more
Now in its ninth year, CMCA’s ArtLab for All Ages program is offered free to the community through the support of the Fisher Charitable Foundation, Margaret E. Burnham Trust, Milton & Sally Avery Arts Foundation, Morton-Kelly Charitable Trust, The Onion Foundation, and individual donors.