Saturday, August 1 | 2-4pm | CMCA Courtyard
FREE and open to all
ArtLab | Indigo Arts Alliance, A Mighty Family
Artists of all ages are invited to join Education Coordinator Mia Bogyo for an outdoor ArtLab for All Ages workshop, presented in partnership with Indigo Arts Alliance’s Beautiful Blackbird Children’s Book Festival.
Using drawing tools and a variety of collage materials, participants will create A Mighty Family Tree in response to the picture book, Going Down Home with Daddy by Kelly Starling Lyons, with illustrations by Daniel Minter.
Following CDC guidelines, the workshop will be held in the CMCA courtyard from 2 to 4pm, with seating for 20 participants by reservation. Only 5 seats remain at this time.
To reserve, email Mia Bogyo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those interested in participating virtually, the workshop will be streamed on Facebook and Instagram Live with instructional videos and prompts available.
ArtLab COVID-19 Guidelines:
- Staff and participants required to wear face masks/shields
- Work tables spaced 6’ apart
- 2 people or 1 family (max 4 people) at each 6’ table
- Tools sanitized before and after each session
- Participants provided with individual sets of tools and materials
- Hand sanitizer stations available to all participants
- Table coverings, chairs, trash, and other communal items changed and/or sanitized between sessions
Note: In the event of rain, ArtLab for All Ages will be held inside with strict social distancing.