Artful Living 2023
Tuesday, July 18th from 9:30am to 4pm
Transportation leaves from and returns to CMCA, 21 Winter Street, Rockland, ME. Please note, space is limited for this event.
Our tour begins in Camden at the working studio of the acclaimed painter Gideon Bok, located on the grounds of a historic family farm nestled on a wooded hillside. We will enjoy a walk up a winding path to Gideon’s studio, which serves as a central subject in all of his paintings.
Next, we will travel to the nearby estate of Dyke Messler, aptly known as Overlook. The home spans three floors and nearly 8,000 square feet, boasting custom interiors inspired by his great-grandparent’s famous Gamble House (1908) in Pasadena. Built in 2012, the home now features incredible woodwork, stained glass entry, collections of Maine-based painters, Asian antiquities and folk art surrounded by acres of manicured gardens. A catered lunch will be provided.
We will end the day at the recently completed modern oceanfront home of artist Carol Eisenberg in Rockland’s fast-changing southend neighborhood. The sunlit home features views of Rockland harbor, and is filled with a collection of contemporary artworks, including a dedicated entry gallery. We’ll be joined by a special guest – artist Emilie Stark-Menneg. Afternoon refreshments will be served.
- Check-in begins at 9:30am; restrooms are available during check-in
- Bus leaves from 21 Winter Street promptly at 10am; please allow time for parking and check-in
- Be advised, participation requires extensive standing, walking on uneven ground, and climbing stairs; properties are not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared in case of inclement weather
- Tour participants are expected to travel with the group on our air-conditioned charter – CMCA cannot arrange alternate transportation or parking.