Arts @ Work
MENTORING THE NEXT GENERATION
ARTS@WORK IS A FREE-OF-CHARGE 1:1 MENTORSHIP PROGRAM for Teen Artists
1:1 mentorship may include:
- Direct support tailored to individual interests & emphasizing personal growth in the arts
- Monthly professional development workshops
- Portfolio building demonstrations and guidance
- Portfolio reviews with local artists and educators
- Introduction to art writing and criticism
- Introduction to community art
- Resume building & cover letter writing
Leadership, Career Development and Volunteer Opportunities:
- Visits to local galleries and artist’s studios
- Peer-to-peer critical response methods
- Job shadowing with local teaching artists and/or art professionals
- Participation in Community, Public and Performance Art
- Exhibiting and promoting personal art making
Arts@Work resumes its weekly free-of-charge, drop-in studio art portfolio and professional development workshops on Friday, November 6, from 2:30 – 5:00pm in ArtLab. Get to know other young artists while engaged in your own art making and learn about the many ways that contemporary artists create their work and maintain a studio practice. Arts@Work meets in-person on Friday afternoons through June 2021.
For high school students unable to attend in-person, virtual and remote participation opportunities are available in tandem with our Look Inside program.
FMI & to register: Alexis Iammarino email@example.com
Rockland Partnerships: Arts@Work continues its partnership with Oceanside High School’s Art Club, an initiative of Oceanside’s Art Department and RSU13 Gifted and Talented program to offer COVID-safe in person instruction/mentorship and weekly remote check-in via zoom.
Since 2017, Arts@Work has partnered with the Oceanside High School Art Club to offer on-campus workshops, field trips, and develop student art exhibitions. The OHS Art Club is free-of-charge and meets Mondays after school. Interested OHS students are encouraged to register through the RSU13 After School program with Carolyn Bobola, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Artists and High School Art Programs Beyond Rockland?
Please inquire about hybrid/virtual workshops + programs developed with our Look Inside School program. We offer Virtual Tours of our galleries, portfolio reviews, and/or mentorship about where to get started to develop one!
Check back soon for updates!