Employment + Opportunities
Title: Curatorial & Communications Assistant
Status: Salaried, full-time
Reports to: Associate Curator and Director of Development & Marketing
Application review begins immediately; applications accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must include a cover letter outlining relevant experience and a professional resume/CV. Applications accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
General Job Description
The Curatorial & Communications Assistant helps with all aspects of CMCA exhibitions and related programming as assigned; additionally, this position assists, as directed, with maintaining the membership database and producing and distributing CMCA communications up to and including the website.
The position reports to both the Associate Curator and the Director of Development & Marketing. This position also interfaces with contract preparators, curatorial interns, all CMCA exhibiting artists and guest speakers, as well as with the CMCA staff.
Areas of Accountability
– Assist with scheduling and installation of exhibitions and preparation of exhibition-related texts, labels, handouts, web content, catalogs and other materials.
– Assist with Exhibition programs such as Tuesday Talks, Sunday Salons and Distinguished Lecture Series.
– Assist, as directed with On-Line Auction
– Assist, as directed with entering data and maintaining membership database.
– Assist, as directed with producing and distributing CMCA communications, such as newsletters, press releases, emails, invitations, announcements, marketing and development materials and social media posts and campaigns.
– Monitors info@cmcanow email, responding to or redirecting to appropriate staff for response as required.
– Serve as website administrator
CMCA operates with limited resources and staff and expects all employees to help when needed in areas not necessarily associated with their individual job description. Examples include: helping with administrative duties in the absence of the Executive Administrator; assisting with special event set up and clean up; and interfacing with visitors during the busiest time of the season.
Minimum of B.A. or B.F.A., in visual arts or art history, with at least 1-3 years of related professional experience. Strong writing and communication skills, including solid knowledge of social media and website management. Proficient with MAC and Adobe Creative Suite, prefer good knowledge of database software.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Health Insurance (through Maine Health Insurance Market Place) for Individual Employee only. Employee pays 40% of monthly premium.
CMCA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.